This is a compilation of documents, comics, books, and blog posts, related to life in academia.
- Matt Might’s blog. Check out how to apply, successful students, and how to fail.
- The illustrated guide to a Ph.D. by Matt Might
- Grad Skool Rulz by Fabio Rojas [Book] [Blog posts]
- How to write a personal statement or application essay [Book]
- How to Be a Successful PhD Student (in Computer Science)
- My Rules of Thumb by Greg Mankiw
- Choosing Your Workflow Applications by Kieran Healy
- Life Ambitions (PhD Comics)
- What’s the point of a professor by Mark Bauerlein [NYT]
- Wharton Professors read mean reviews.
- The 1-hour workday, by Jeffrey McDonnell [Science]
- Books about writing: Stephen King, Bird by bird, How to write a lot, The sense of structure.
- Choosing a Graduate Program by by Greg Mankiw
Resources for a Ph.D. in a Business School
- UT Dallas Business Schools ranking: This can help to decide where to apply.
- Being successful in a PhD program by Michael Hitt and others
- A Guide to Business PhD Applications